Even though a facial is certainly known for being a relaxing experience, getting regular facial treatments can also revitalize your skin, help you stay one step ahead of aging, and prevent and treat acne breakouts. At The KoR MediSpa in Jamaica Estates, New York, you can get customized facial services to invigorate your mind, body, and of course, skin. Use the online booking feature to schedule your facial, or call the medical spa directly to book.
Why do I need a facial?
A spa facial is a customized skin care service that’s entirely tailored to your skin, any concerns you have, and any issues you’d like to prevent. Getting regular facials can:
- Keep your skin looking vibrant and youthful
- Minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Remove the dull lackluster layer of skin
- Treat and prevent acne and acne scars
- Improve blood flow to your skin
Facial services also include counseling where your dedicated aesthetic professional sits and talks with you about your skin concerns. They educate you on how to care for your skin at home and teach you about which skin care products you should be using.
Which type of facial do I need?
At The KoR MediSpa, you can choose from a variety of premium face and body facial services using organic products that are tailored to target your specific skin needs. Some of the most in-demand facial services include:
- Rosacea facial
- Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes the blood vessels in your face to become visible and your face to appear red or flushed. Patches of small, pus-filled bumps are another common symptom. Different types of lasers target different aspects of rosacea.
- Acne detox facial
- Collagen eye treatment
- Firms, smoothes, hydrates. The collagen eye treatment targets the fine lines and wrinkles around the delicate eye area, smoothing skin for a more youthful appearance.
- Rezenerate™ NanoFacial
- The Rezenerate facial is a revolutionary, non-invasive treatment that's designed to restore youthfulness and radiance to your skin's texture. During the procedure, the nutrients penetrate through the outer layer of the skin, immediately leading to a more voluminous texture and activating cell repair and renewal.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- One new approach, the plasma-rich protein (PRP) facial, combines plasma and platelets from your blood with other rejuvenation techniques. Collagen is the 'latticework of the face,' so a PRP facial helps tighten, smooth and improve skin tone.
- Ultrasonic deep pore cleanse
- During an Ultrasonic Facial, high level sound wave technology is used to penetrate deep below the surface of the skin, promoting cellular renewal and repair, toning of muscles, increasing blood circulation, encouraging lymphatic drainage, and improving skin care product penetration.
- Microneedling with Dermapen®
- Microneedling with Dermapen®: Microneedling is used to treat and improve conditions like acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles, loose skin, skin texture, pore size, brown spots, stretch marks, and pigment issues.
- Dermaplaning with the 10R Butter Blade
- The primary use of dermaplaning is to get rid of peach fuzz on the face. During a dermaplaning session, the dermatologist or esthetician uses a medical-grade scalpel to scrape (not cut!) across the surface of the skin. The main reason people do it is to remove the vellus hairs on their faces, also known as peach fuzz.
- Diamond-tipped microdermabrasion with Viora Pristine™
- Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure used to renew overall skin tone and texture. It can improve the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, acne scarring, melasma, acne and acne scars, stretch marks, dull-looking skin complexion, and other skin-related concerns and conditions
- Back facial
- Bikini facial
- Acne detox facial
- Diamond-tipped microdermabrasion with Viora Pristine
To design your facial service and treat all skin concerns you may have, your skin care practitioner may recommend pairing different types of facial services together. You may even want to add on a revitalizing chemical peel.
To further enhance your indulgent skin care experience at The KoR MediSpa, all facial services include a complimentary paraffin hand treatment to soften and soothe the skin on your hands.
Is there any downtime after a facial?
Most types of facials from The KoR MediSpa provide instant results with little-to-no downtime afterward. Because many facial services include relaxing upper body massage, you’re left feeling entirely soothed as stress melts away.
Certain facial treatments, such as microneedling, chemical peels, and PRP, require a short recovery period. Because these facial services harness skin-healing processes and increased blood flow, it’s common to have some redness and swelling for several hours afterward. It could take up to two to three days for you to really notice the benefits of your facial treatment in these cases.
How often should I get a facial?
Even though facial treatments help heal and rejuvenate your skin, the natural effects of aging, environmental pollution, and continuing sun damage can all contribute to further skin issues. The dedicated team at The KoR MediSpa recommend monthly facial services to help your beautiful glow continue to last and to prevent future skin damage as much as possible.
Book your revitalizing facial service at The KoR MediSpa today. You can conveniently schedule your facial service online or over the phone.
Individual results may vary.